Saturday, February 08, 2020

Division 5 Councillor Candidate, Redland City Council, 2020

After having been asked by a number of people whether I'd consider running for the 2020 Local Government elections as a Candidate for Division 5, having a long, hard think about it and discussing it with my partner and a number of friends, I have decided that I will throw my hat in the ring.

The deciding factor was asking myself if I thought I would have a better opportunity to help my community more as a Councillor - and I can see a lot of opportunity to improve the lives of those not only living in Division 5, but also across the Redlands.

As an active community member who volunteers in a number of areas across the region, I get to speak with a wide range of people about their lived experiences and the disparity between this and the position government seems to have been taking.

I will continue to make myself available to meet with people and groups across the region to listen to your input and to keep your lived experiences front and centre when making decisions about current and future needs of our community.

So with that, I ask you to have a look at https://www.facebook.com/HiltonTravis2020/about to read the "Story" page for a more comprehensive Announcement and I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and to represent you in Council after the 2020 election.


Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: