Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blue LEDs in Baby Bredli Viv

I found some submersible aquarium LED lighting on eBay and thought that they'd work well not only for my aquariums, but also my snake vivs, so yesterday evening I made some mods to the smaller viv and this is how it turned out (using the blue LEDs for "moonlight" - the white ones are turned off for now):



It's an iPhone 3GS photo so it's not that great, but you can see the result!  I'm pretty happy with this.  I have these blue LEDs turned around so that they are a lot dimmer than they would be is facing into the main part of the viv, but I have the white ones (you can just see the top one up in the left of the viv) facing right into the viv - I'll use these when cleaning it out.

$10 each or so for these LED lights - and they do a damn fine job!  :)


Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: