Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jeff Beck

I just got back home from seeing Jeff Beck at the Brisbane Convex this evening. Wow. I'm not the world's biggest Jeff Beck fan, but I know a bit of his stuff and certainly appreciate his talent. He definitely surrounds himself with great musicians for this tour - Vinnie Colaiuta - (drums), Tal Wilkenfeld - (bass) and David Sancious - (keyboards).

Tal is a 23 year old bass player from Sydney. For a 23 year old, I was seriously impressed. Hell, for a 43 year old I would have been seriously impressed. She's definitely got the feel of a bass player with years more experience than she can possibly have!

As for the mix, well, I hope their sound engineer improves quickly - it wasn't great. I'll leave it at that. Actually, no - it was pretty bad. I'll leave it at that.

If you're a Jeff Beck fan, do yourself a favor and go and see him and his band - you're unlikely to get the chance in Australia ever again!

Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: