Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Want To Ride My Bicycle

Well, I've been saying it for way too long and now it has finally jumpeut of nowhere and actually happened.

I didn't ride far (7 km) but there was one rather steep hill that I tried climbing (I made about 75% before I gave up) which I really, really shouldn't have done this early in the piece.

I got off, tried to walk up it, succeeded (if you count walking with jelly legs as successful)m sat down for a minute or two, then jumped back on and finished riding home.

I do have to thank (?) Mark Smith of Real Productions for providing the impetus - he rode 13 km to my place, we went on this additional 7 km ride, then he rode home. :)

I'll go for a walk in the morning to rest the "bike legs" muscles but to prove to my legs that they are not getting a complete rest, then I'll jump on again on Tuesday and di a similar ride but without that particular hill (unless I choose to walk up it).

In a week or two, that hill won't be an issue and nor will getting some more serious distance.

Well, that's the plan...

Regards,

The Outspoken Wookie

No comments: